Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tyrannosaurus Double Vision

Even though phase II of the dinosaur exhibit will not open until June 2008, you can see a sneak peak of the Tyrannosaurus (or should I say both Tyrannosaurs) already set up. The museum went with a dynamic pose with two Tyrannosaurs fighting over an Edmontosaurus (duckbill) carcass laying between them. The Tyrannosaurs are up in their poses but we are still working on the Edmontosaurus skeleton in the lab. I am currently cleaning and repairing the Triceratops skull in the lab as well. The exhibit will have a cast Triceratops body that the fossil skull (the one I am working on) will be joined with. Both the Triceratops and the Tyrannosaurus were collected before 1910 and will be exhibited better then they ever were before. I will put up some before and after shots of the dinosaurs on one of the future blogs. Check out the Tyrannosaurs, Edmontosaurus and Triceratops pics below.






Tyrannosaurs fighting over carcass (not yet added).

Triceratops skull with a mouth full.

Edmontosaurus (duckbill) skull-both the skull and body will be laying as a carcass between the two Tyrannosaurs



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a short piece on KDKA about the Tyrannosaurus and at the end they showed you and Jake! Did you know you were on TV?

Raptor said...

There were lots of camera men there from several stations. Jacob and I were talking about the Tyrannosaurs when they started taping us. We did not know we would actually make it onto the telvision though.