Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....HALLOWEEN!

We had a crazy Halloween this year!
For the first time we told the kids they had to make their costumes out of whatever they could find in the house. I didn't have high hopes for this years fun factor, boy, was I wrong! At our annual church Halloween party Julia won Funniest Costume and Allen brought home the Jar of M and M's after guessing the closest to the actual amount, which was 507. Allen's guess, 472. Jacob's guess,365.

Jora has been talking for months about being Cinderella and that was easy, Jacob pulled together an impressive ninja costume and Julia's award winning costume....well, who can guess who Julia dressed up as?? Julia told us who she wanted to be this year but we thought it would blow over. It didn't. On Halloween, she chose her own costume, every piece of it. I'll be watching the comments for a correct answer! Here we have a picture of Julia and her prized golden pumpkin! She may never let us throw it away, after all, she won it! (Though she did relent and turn it into a Jack-o-lantern.Here is the Sunday morning picture of the kids and their Halloween haul.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I see a purse on her arm... her hair's up....is she you??

Susan said...

I think she went as you, too

Laura said...

Sorry, I got carried away watching Denver in Baltimore.....That is right she dressed up as me! Good job Sarah and Susan!

Laura said...

I guess I should point out the funny part? Julia wore one of my bra's which we stuffed with two of Allen's shirts. It was really funny. She was mistaken, at one point, for Dolly Parton. Hee hee.

Marie said...

High five! I thought Julia was dressed as you too. Lol! How funny! Congrats to Allen! I've never seen him look so overcome with glee.

bmwhee said...

I thought she was you too! How funny. Wow, Allen got the m&m's. Good guesser! I hope he shared... :) Nice haul, kids.

bmwhee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bmwhee said...

"Imitation is the sincerest of flattery."